The Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA) and its Legal Assistance to the Disadvantaged (LAD) Committee published the 2017-18 Access to Justice Report for Minnesota. The report highlights initiatives undertaken by the MSBA and LAD Committee in partnership with the Minnesota Judicial Branch, legal aid providers, volunteer attorney programs, and other stakeholders.
Among the highlights:
- Minnesota partners are creating an interactive online portal to direct people to resources to meet their civil legal needs.
- An amended Minnesota rule promotes legal aid's receipt of unclaimed funds in state class actions.
- An MSBA delegation opposes elimination of the federal Legal Services Corporation which funds legal aid programs.
- A new statewide Low Fee Family Law Project matches clients of modest means with attorneys.
- A coordinated response to legal needs in the event of a natural or human-made crises in Minnesota is being developed.
Read more about these initiatives and other activities that help improve equal justice for all in our state.